Phantasy Star Generation:4 is both a relocalization and retranslation of the original English script and proper nouns (weapons, monsters, names, etc.)
Download Phantasy Star Generation:4 here.
As SEGA canceled “Phantasy Star Generation:4″ many years ago, this project aimed to create a definitive, series-ending Phantasy Star experience that can also be better appreciated by modern players.
- Restore every mistranslated connection to the other PS games
- Best express Japanese creators’ intent in both story & themes
- Make the game’s script more colloquial, fun, and emotional (from NPCs to main story)
- Add PS lore
- Add depth to character relationships
- Explain character actions that had been given no in-game reasoning (see project site for details – spoilers)
Graphics/sound are unmodified from SEGA’s English release, besides adding in monsters present in Japanese that were censored from the English release.
If you have different preferences for the proper nouns, I have different templates I can probably adapt to what you're looking for. Just contact me at hatalawriting at gmail dot com ! Or through my Youtube Let's Play Commentary channel too.