Phantasy Star Generation:4 is both a relocalization and retranslation of the original English script and proper nouns (weapons, monsters, names, etc.)
Download Phantasy Star Generation:4 here.
As SEGA canceled “Phantasy Star Generation:4″ many years ago, this project aimed to create a definitive, series-ending Phantasy Star experience that can also be better appreciated by modern players.
- Restore every mistranslated connection to the other PS games
- Best express Japanese creators’ intent in both story & themes
- Make the game’s script more colloquial, fun, and emotional (from NPCs to main story)
- Add PS lore
- Add depth to character relationships
- Explain character actions that had been given no in-game reasoning (see project site for details – spoilers)
Graphics/sound are unmodified from SEGA’s English release, besides adding in monsters present in Japanese that were censored from the English release.
If you have different preferences for the proper nouns, I have different templates I can probably adapt to what you're looking for. Just contact me at hatalawriting at gmail dot com ! Or through my Youtube Let's Play Commentary channel too.
Phantasy Star Resources
Phantasy Star Generation:4 - Retranslation & Relocalization (This Project)
Phantasy Star IV - The Cutting Room Floor Version Comparison / Translation Notes
Phantasy Star Compendium English Translation (via Scenary Recalled)
Phantasy Star IV Translations of Proper Nouns (via Translation Time)
List of SEGA books, including Phanta! Phantasy Star 30th Anniversary Book